At its annual luncheon event on Friday, November 13, 2015, the Northeast TN/Southwest VA chambers of commerce and title sponsor CenturyLink announced eight companies across eight categories as winners of the 2015 Faith in the Future Award.
The Faith in the Future Award is given to recognize companies in the region that demonstrate a commitment to the future of their business, their employees, their community, and the region.
Nominees were required to have had been financially stable and operational for at least 12 months. Following this criteria, any company could be nominated by an individual who filled out the written application.
Out-of-state judges assessed the companies across three criteria: 1) how they inspire, motivate, and train employees, 2) how and where they are involved in the community, and 3) what they do that is innovative, fresh, and forward-thinking.
The business categories included Entrepreneur, Non-Profit, Manufacturing, Technology, Retail, Healthcare, Educational, and Professional Service.
Out of the thirty-three total nominees, eight were selected as winners. Mitch Cox Companies received the Faith in the Future award for the Professional Service category.
Josh Smith, WJHL news anchor, emceed while Rev. Lester Lattany, President and CEO of United Way of Washington County Tennessee, delivered the keynote address for the event located at the Millennium Centre in Johnson City.
The following is the complete list of the 2015 Faith in the Future Award recipients:
- Entrepreneur – MarketingMel
- Non-Profit – Boys & Girls Club of Elizabethton
- Healthcare – Mountain States Health Alliance Volunteer Auxiliary
- Retail – Free Service Tire Company
- Manufacturing – General Shale
- Technology – WebCoUSA
- Educational – ETSU Office of Professional Development
- Professional Service – Mitch Cox Companies
The 2015 Faith in the Future Award Nominees:
- Appalachia Service Project
- Arbico / Peak Restaurants
- Barter Theatre
- BedInABox, LLC
- Boys & Girls Club of Elizabethton/Carter County
- Bryant Consultants
- Cartridge World
- CASA of Northeast Tennessee
- The Creative Energy Group
- The Crumley House
- Eastern Eight Community Development Corp.
- Edwards Ragan and Associates, LLC
- Ensley, Baker & Shade PLLC
- ETSU Office of Professional Development
- Free Service Tire Company, Inc.
- General Shale
- Goodwill Industries of Tenneva
- Greater Eastern Credit Union
- Holston Habitat for Humanity
- Johnson City Brewing Company
- The Mall at Johnson City
- Marsh Regional Blood Center
- Mitch Cox Companies
- Mountain States Health Alliance – Volunteer Auxiliary Resources
- NN, Inc.
- Personal Finanace Company, LLC
- Ultimate Shine 3 Minute Express Car Wash
- WebCoUSA Entreprises
- WJHL – TV
- YWCA Bristol